- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
ORAN, Mo. — Viola C. Hahn, 89, of Oran died Monday, Oct. 27, 2008, at the Lutheran Home in Cape Girardeau.
She was born July 13, 1919, in Oran, daughter of Michael and Louise Ann Menz Pobst. She and Frank L. Hahn were married Oct. 25, 1944. He died Dec. 26, 1971.
Hahn was a member of Guardian Angel Catholic Church, St. Ann Sodality and KCets.
Survivors include two sons, Kirby and Daniel Hahn of Oran; four daughters, Cheryl Eftink of Prole, Iowa, Connie Eichhorn and Marla Mills of Cape Girardeau, Darla Stratton of Ballwin, Mo.; a brother, Harold Pobst of Oran; 12 grandchildren; and nine great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a sister and eight brothers.
Friends may call after 4 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Oran. The rosary will be recited at 7, and Knights of Columbus prayers will be at 7:15.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at Guardian Angel Church, with the Revs. Normand Varone and Ralph Duffner officiating. Burial will be in Guardian Angel Cemetery.