- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Bell City reaches district final with sweep
Bell City cruised into the Class 1 District 2 finals and a shot at its sixth straight district volleyball title with a sweep of Oran on Monday.
The top-seeded Cubs (21-7-2) posted a 25-7, 26-6 victory over fifth-seeded Oran in the semifinals at Bell City.
Jasmine Johnson had team-highs of nine kills and 15 digs for the Cubs, who will play No. 2 seeded Bernie at 6 p.m. today in the championship match.
Codie Lancaster had 21 assists.
Bernie advanced with a two-game victory over No. 3 Bernie.
Bell City defeated Bernie in the title game last year for its fifth straight district title.
Class 4, District 1
Central advanced with a 25-7, 25-8 first-round win over Sikeston at Farmington.
Taylor Kern led the way for the Tigers (12-15-2) with four aces, two kills and two digs.
Central will play Jackson at 6:30 p.m. today in the semifinals.
Class 1, District 3
Saxony Lutheran defeated Zalma in two sets to advance to tonight's semifinals at Advance.
The Crusaders will face Leopold at 5:30 p.m.
Further district results were not available.
The Meadow Heights-Marquand winner is scheduled to play the Advance-Oak Ridge winner in the other semifinal at 6:45. The championship match is scheduled for 8 p.m.
Class 2, District 4
St. Vincent had its match against Kingston postponed, as all the first-round matches at West County were wiped out due to facility problems.
The first-round matches were rescheduled for tonight, and the championship match will be played Wednesday. St. Vincent will play Kingston at 8 p.m.
Class 2, District 2
Woodland beat Greenville 25-11, 25-12 on Monday. Woodland, the No. 4 seed, improved its record to 13-14 and will play top-seeded Scott City in the second round. Scott City enters with a 31-1-3 record.
BOYS SOCCER MCSAA tournament
Eagle Ridge encountered a heart-breaking end to its season Saturday in the championship game of the MCSAA soccer tournament, surrendering a penalty-kick goal in the final minute and suffering a 1-0 loss to Faith Community.
Ethan Grant made 11 saves for Eagle Ridge,
Eagle Ridge had four players named to the MCSAA all-state first team -- seniors Ron Oh and Josh Wiseman, and juniors Stephen Cohen and Grant.
-- From staff reports