- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- New CEO named at Wood & Huston Bank (8/21/16)
- Victims of alleged Ponzi scheme seek compensation from killer's victims (8/21/16)3
- Cape Central football team falls to state-ranked Liberty in Pixley's debut (8/20/16)
- 'Santa' suspect Moffat sentenced to 12 years for sexual abuse of girl (8/23/16)2
Dr. Robert Degen
Dr. Robert E. "Doc" Degen, 53, of Cape Girardeau passed away Tuesday, Oct. 21, 2008.
He was born March 12, 1955, in Washington, Mo., son of Alfred and Mary Ann Peters Degen.
Degen received his education from Our Lady of Lourdes Grade School and Washington High School. He was owner of Degen Chiropractic in Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include his mother, Mary Jane Degen of Washington; stepfather, James Geoghegan of Washington; a brother, Don Degen of Jefferson City, Mo.; a sister, Mary Kay Smreker and husband Bill of Leslie, Mo.; a sister-in-law, Betsy Degen of Kansas City, Mo.; two stepsisters, Dana and husband Ray Smetana of Oakville, Mo., Jamie and husband Keith Obermark of Washington; a stepbrother, Scott and wife Diane Geoghegan of St. Charles, Mo.; best buddy, Pat Davis of Cape Girardeau; nieces; nephews; cousins; other relatives and friends.
He was preceded in death by his father; a brother, Carl Degen; and a nephew, Christopher Degen.
The funeral was held Saturday at Nieburg-Vitt Funeral Home in Washington, with Marilyn Chall officiating.
Memorials may be made to Our Lady of Lourdes School.