- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Dr. Robert Degen
Dr. Robert E. "Doc" Degen, 53, of Cape Girardeau passed away Tuesday, Oct. 21, 2008.
He was born March 12, 1955, in Washington, Mo., son of Alfred and Mary Ann Peters Degen.
Degen received his education from Our Lady of Lourdes Grade School and Washington High School. He was owner of Degen Chiropractic in Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include his mother, Mary Jane Degen of Washington; stepfather, James Geoghegan of Washington; a brother, Don Degen of Jefferson City, Mo.; a sister, Mary Kay Smreker and husband Bill of Leslie, Mo.; a sister-in-law, Betsy Degen of Kansas City, Mo.; two stepsisters, Dana and husband Ray Smetana of Oakville, Mo., Jamie and husband Keith Obermark of Washington; a stepbrother, Scott and wife Diane Geoghegan of St. Charles, Mo.; best buddy, Pat Davis of Cape Girardeau; nieces; nephews; cousins; other relatives and friends.
He was preceded in death by his father; a brother, Carl Degen; and a nephew, Christopher Degen.
The funeral was held Saturday at Nieburg-Vitt Funeral Home in Washington, with Marilyn Chall officiating.
Memorials may be made to Our Lady of Lourdes School.