- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Area political candidates asked to turn in survey responses
The Southeast Missourian has attempted to contact all the candidates in contested Congressional, legislative and county races in our coverage area to respond to a questionnaire about issues in their respective races. The answers will be published in Sunday's edition, two days before the election.
The following candidates have not responded to our survey. The Southeast Missourian is asking those candidates who have not responded to send their replies as soon as possible to be included.
The candidates who have not replied are:
* Clint Tracy, Republican candidate for the 158th District Missouri House seat.
* Linda Sanders, Democratic candidate for the 27th District Missouri Senate seat.
* Paul Koeper, Republican candidate for District 1 Cape Girardeau County Commissioner.
* Ron McCormick, Republican candidate for District 2 Scott County Commissioner.
* Rick Walter, Democratic candidate for Scott County Sheriff.
* Wes Drury, Republican candidate for Scott County Sheriff.
* James Galloway, Democratic candidate for Bollinger County Sheriff.
* Chester L. Hayes, Democratic candidate for Bollinger County Assessor.
* Gary L. Schaaf, Republican candidate for Perry County Sheriff.
* Ted Chrisisen, Democratic candidate for Perry County Sheriff.
Candidates who have not received a survey are urged to contact Rudi Keller at 388-3642 or at email@example.com to receive a copy.