- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
ADVANCE, Mo. — Mildred Garner, 85, of Advance died Sunday, Oct. 26, 2008, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born June 7, 1923, near Daisy, daughter of William Jacob and Nettie Seabaugh Moore. She and Vernice Garner were married Nov. 21, 1942, at Steele, Mo. He died May 18, 2000.
Garner was a member of the Assembly of God Church in Advance.
Survivors include three sons, Ronnie Garner of Cape Girardeau, Donald and Gary Garner of Advance; two daughters, Saundra Rehm and Gayle Simmons of Advance; 15 grandchildren; and 22 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by three brothers and two sisters.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Morgan Funeral Home in Advance.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Ray Placher officiating. Burial will be in Morgan Memorial Park.