- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Dr. William Ansberry
Dr. William F. Ansberry, 78, of Cape Girardeau died Thursday, Sept. 30, 2004, at Life Care Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born July 18, 1926, at Logansport, Ind., son of Michael C. and Mary Elizabeth Frecking Ansberry. He and Ruth Elizabeth Baynes were married April 17, 1954, at North Vernon, Ind.
Ansberry received a bachelor's degree in physical education and social studies and a master's degree from Ball State University in Muncie, Ind., and a Ph.D. in political science from the University of Cincinnati.
He retired as a professor of political science from Southeast Missouri State University after having been there from 1967 until 1993. He served on the board of directors for VIP Industries and as president of both the St. Vincent De Paul School board and Notre Dame Regional High School board. He served in the Army during World War II in the Pacific Theater.
He was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Church and a member of VFW Post 3838, St. Vincent Council 1111 Knights of Columbus, Thomas A. Langen Assembly 4th Degree Knights of Columbus, in which he served two separate terms as faithful navigator, and was a member of the St. Vincent de Paul Society.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, Michael (Therese) Ansberry of Clarksville, Tenn., and Bill (Stephanie) Ansberry of Cape Girardeau; two daughters, Ann (Wib) Welker of Gordonville and Patti Ansberry of Cape Girardeau; a brother, Don (Claire) Ansberry of Trenton, Ohio; and 11 grandchildren; Vanessa Ansberry, Angela, David and Nicholas Welker, Adam, Stephen, Peter, Marie, Elizabeth, Brigid and Frances Ansberry.
He was preceded in death by a grandson, Joey Ansberry.
Friends may call at St. Vincent de Paul Church from 3 to 7 p.m. Monday.
Funeral will be at 7 p.m. Monday at the church. The Revs. Charles Prost, Derek Swanson and Ralph Duffner will officiate. Committal service with military rights will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at St. Lawrence Cemetery in New Hamburg, Mo.
Memorial contributions can be made to VIP Industries, Association for Retarded Citizens and the Joey Ansberry Scholarship Fund, Rossview Band Association, P.O. Box 30535, Clarksville, Tenn. 37040.
Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home will be in charge of arrangements.