- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- State declares test results for schools invalid (10/4/17)2
- Child-custody advocate: State law needs fix to provide parents with more equal custody (10/12/17)
- One of Cape's oldest mom-and-pop restaurants opens in new location (10/10/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
Plenty to do
Special events in and around Cape Girardeau offer a huge selection of things to do, see and hear. For the past few days, there have been plenty of offerings at Southeast Missouri State University: music, plays, speakers, athletic events and much more.
Sometimes we forget how much the university provides the community in the way of arts, expanding our knowledge and just plain fun.
The Show Me Center continues to draw crowds for events as diverse as a children's show to a gun-and-knife show, with everything in between.
The university's main campus has something special going on just about every day. While many of these events are geared to students and their studies, many of them are of interest to anyone who likes to stay informed and up to date.
And the River Campus has quickly demonstrated how much more arts and culture the community has access to, thanks to an all-out effort to bring some of the best performances to our town.
Nearly all of these events are showcased on a regular basis in the Southeast Missourian's weekly entertainment magazine, SE Live, each Thursday.
You can also keep abreast of all the university offerings through special websites that tell you what's on tap right now and for weeks into the future, with links to ticket information. Here's where to go for this information:
* Southeast Missouri State University events calendar:
* Show Me Center events:
* River Campus events:
If you're looking for something special to do, you can find it close to home. Enjoy.