- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- New CEO named at Wood & Huston Bank (8/21/16)
- Victims of alleged Ponzi scheme seek compensation from killer's victims (8/21/16)3
- Cape Central football team falls to state-ranked Liberty in Pixley's debut (8/20/16)
- 'Santa' suspect Moffat sentenced to 12 years for sexual abuse of girl (8/23/16)2
Juanita McDonald, 80, of Cape Girardeau died Friday, Oct. 24, 2008, at Barnes-Jewish Hospital in St. Louis.
She was a loving and devoted mother, grandmother and sister.
McDonald was born Jan. 4, 1928, in Eros, La., daughter of Cecil Arlon and Lily Eolia Roberts Phillips.
She graduated from Deering High School in Deering, Mo., in 1947. A charter member of Sweet Adelines, McDonald held many offices in the group. She was an adult Girl Scout member. McDonald was raised in Flint, Mich., until she moved to Kennett, Mo., in 1945. She later moved to Cape Girardeau in 1967.
McDonald was a nanny for the Heuschober and Limbaugh families for many years. She was an independent crafter in the Cape Girardeau area. McDonald was a member of Community of Christ in Sikeston, Mo. She was an avid Southeast Missouri State University softball fan, gardener and photographer.
Survivors include two daughters, Kathy (Wayne) Heise of Jackson, Brenda (Larry) Schloss of Cape Girardeau; a son, Rick (Donna) McDonald of Cape Girardeau; a brother, James (Susan) Phillips of Tampa, Fla.; a sister, Darlene (Paul) Callis of Byron, Ga.; eight grandchildren, Erin Schloss, Carrie Heise, Emily (Art) Goodin, Erica (John) Aufdenburg, Jessie (Daryl) Simmons, Laurie Heise, Caitlin (Jake) Culver, Megan McDonald; four great-grandchildren, Nolan Koehler, Jude Jaco, Scarlett Goodin, Arthur Lee Goodin.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Friends may call from 5 to 7 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
Funeral service will be at 1 p.m. Monday at the funeral home, with elder Steve Palmer officiating.
Burial will be at Lorimier Cemetery in Cape Girardeau.
Memorials may be made to American Cancer Society, 106 Farrar Drive, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701 or Community of Christ in Sikeston, Mo.