- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Redhawks volleyball team wraps up successful trip
The Southeast Missouri State volleyball team rolled past Eastern Kentucky on Saturday to sweep its two-game road trip.
Southeast won 25-19, 25-16, 25-21 in Richmond, Ky., as the Redhawks remained in fifth place in the 10-team Ohio Valley Conference.
The Redhawks (9-11, 7-5), who beat first-place Morehead State on Friday, were led by Aubrey Dondlinger with 18 kills. Claire Keaton added 10 kills.
Molly Davis paced the Redhawks in digs with 13, while Sarah Barth recorded 37 assists.
Southeast hosts fourth-place Murray State on Tuesday night.
Soccer finishes season
The Southeast soccer team finishes its regular season today at Eastern Illinois.
The Redhawks, the two-time defending OVC tournament champions, need a win and some help to make the conference tournament.
Southeast (2-8-3, 1-4-2) is tied for eighth place in the nine-team OVC with five points (in conference play, teams are awarded three points for a win and one point for a tie).
Eastern Illinois (2-12-2, 2-4-1) is tied for sixth place, along with Jacksonville State. Both have seven points.
Six teams qualify for the OVC tournament. The only way the Redhawks get in is by winning today and having Jacksonville State lose to visiting Eastern Kentucky.
The only time the Redhawks failed to make the OVC tournament was during the program's inaugural season in 1999.
-- From staff reports