- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)20
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Hobeck - VanGennip
Nicole Renee Hobeck and Scott Robert VanGennip were married April 12, 2008, at Francine's Gardens in Cape Girardeau. The Rev. Dale Huff performed the ceremony.
The bride is the daughter of Stan and Diane Blankenship of Millersville, and the late Bobby Miller. The groom is the son of Shirley VanGennip of Jackson and Jim VanGennip of Advance, Mo.
Tyler Wright presented his mother in marriage.
Maid of honor was Courtney Hawthorne of Nashville, Tenn., and matron of honor was MeKisha Owens of Jackson. Bridesmaids were Taylor Blankenship, sister of the bride, and Jamie Bowers, sister of the groom.
Brandon Williams of Cape Girardeau was best man. Groomsmen were Chad Ludwig, Jamie Criddle and Derrick Geringer, all of Jackson. Usher was Troy Hamilton of Cape Girardeau.
Flower girl was Kylie VanGennip, daughter of the bride and groom. Ringbearer was Tyler Wright.
Cathy Berry, cousin of the bride, attended the guest book.
The reception was held at Francine's.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner at Ruby Tuesday.
Mrs. VanGennip is a 1998 graduate of Jackson High School.
The groom is a 1995 graduate of Jackson High School. He is owner of VanGennip Construction.
After a wedding trip to Maui, Hawaii, the coupe is residing in Jackson.