- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Martin - Buchheit
Sarah Elizabeth Martin and Steven Robert Buchheit exchanged wedding vows July 19, 2008, at Immaculate Conception Catholic Church. Monsignor Edward Eftink performed the ceremony. Organist was Geri Beussink of Jackson. Soloists were Joyce Loos and Rori Martin of Jackson, and Tom Martin of St. Louis, uncle of the bride.
The bride is the daughter of Jack and Mary Anne Martin of Jackson. The groom is the son of Dennis and Susan Buchheit of Des Peres, Mo.
Maid of honor was Gina Scully of Sacramento, Calif., and matron of honor was Michelle Husbands of Jackson. Bridesmaids were Rebecca Erbar and Andria Koller of St. Louis; Lindsey Gross and Keely Martin, sister-in-law of the bride, both of Jackson; and Johanna Brooks of Memphis, Tenn.
Daniel Buchheit of St. Louis served his brother as best man. Groomsmen were Blate Reichardt, David Buchheit, brother of the groom, Paul Kowert and Justin Rothfuss, all of St. Louis, John and Michael Martin of Jackson, brothers of the bride. Ushers were Scott Riley of Herculaneum, Mo., cousin of the groom; John Vogler, Jason Jones and Reginald Pierre, all of St. Louis.
Miniature bride was Mackenzie Shearon, daughter of Michelle Husbands and John Shearon. Miniature groom was Brayden Martin, son of John and Keely Martin and nephew of the bride.
Candlelighters were Jamie and Briana Brown of Gordonville, cousins of the bride.
Flower girl and ringbearer were Kinsley and Rylan Martin, niece and nephew of the bride. They are children of John and Keely Martin.
Chrissi Glastetter and Elizabeth Knies of St. Louis attended the guest book.
The reception was held at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Jackson.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner July 18 at Cape Girardeau Country Club.
Mrs. Buchheit is a graduate of Jackson High School. She received a bachelor of science degree in early childhood education from Southeast Missouri State University. She is a kindergarten teacher at Mary Queen of Peace Catholic School in Webster Groves, Mo.
The groom is a graduate of Parkway South High School. He received a bachelor of science degree in psychology from the University of Missouri-Columbia, and a master of education in counseling from Loyola University in Chicago. He is a psychiatric rehabilitation specialist at Edgewood Children's Center in Webster Groves.
After a wedding trip to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, the couple is residing in St. Louis.