- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Southern Illinois farmer's grapevines destroyed by dicamba; four years of work lost (10/29/17)2
- Aldi store reopens after renovations (11/14/17)3
- Residents view pedestrian bridge as eyesore; city manager says it's designed to rust (11/13/17)8
- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- Federal jury finds surgeon Fonn guilty of kickback scheme (11/10/17)4
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- Cape native co-directs Thanksgiving-related indie film, 'Drinksgiving' (11/17/17)
- Son of Westboro Baptist Church patriarch discusses abuse, faith (11/15/17)6
- Scott City council hires former SEMO public safety director as city administrator (11/15/17)
Today is Homecoming at Southeast Missouri State University, a special day set aside for alumni of the university to enjoy special events and activities spread over several days, including honors for several alumni who have, through their activities and careers, brought honor and esteem to their alma mater.
It's also the day for the traditional Homecoming parade, which draws thousands of onlookers and dozens of floats and marching units.
The Homecoming football game this afternoon at Houck Stadium pits the Redhawks against Tennessee State. This is a matchup in which the players on the field could use all the fan support they can get. At halftime, the Man of the Year and Woman of the Year will be honored.
One special event in the busy Homecoming schedule this year is a reception for Jane Stacey, who has been director of alumni services for 35 years at the University. The reception will be in the new Wehking Alumni Center at 926 Broadway. Those attending the reception will have an opportunity to say hello to Jane Stacy and also see the transformation of the imposing former First Baptist Church building into an alumni center. Hearty congratulations and thanks to Jane Stacey for her years of devoted service on behalf of Southeast's alumni.
Welcome, Southeast alumni, supporters and football fans. We hope you have a wonderful time at this year's Homecoming.