- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)33
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)11
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
Today is Homecoming at Southeast Missouri State University, a special day set aside for alumni of the university to enjoy special events and activities spread over several days, including honors for several alumni who have, through their activities and careers, brought honor and esteem to their alma mater.
It's also the day for the traditional Homecoming parade, which draws thousands of onlookers and dozens of floats and marching units.
The Homecoming football game this afternoon at Houck Stadium pits the Redhawks against Tennessee State. This is a matchup in which the players on the field could use all the fan support they can get. At halftime, the Man of the Year and Woman of the Year will be honored.
One special event in the busy Homecoming schedule this year is a reception for Jane Stacey, who has been director of alumni services for 35 years at the University. The reception will be in the new Wehking Alumni Center at 926 Broadway. Those attending the reception will have an opportunity to say hello to Jane Stacy and also see the transformation of the imposing former First Baptist Church building into an alumni center. Hearty congratulations and thanks to Jane Stacey for her years of devoted service on behalf of Southeast's alumni.
Welcome, Southeast alumni, supporters and football fans. We hope you have a wonderful time at this year's Homecoming.