- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- Say Cheese: The story behind the famous sandwiches at the East Perry Fair (9/22/17)
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Anne Limbaugh dies, leaves legacy of caring (9/22/17)
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)2
- Former major-league slugger Darryl Strawberry to speak at La Croix (9/20/17)
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- Young entrepreneurs add fresh ideas, unique offerings for area market (9/18/17)
Today is Homecoming at Southeast Missouri State University, a special day set aside for alumni of the university to enjoy special events and activities spread over several days, including honors for several alumni who have, through their activities and careers, brought honor and esteem to their alma mater.
It's also the day for the traditional Homecoming parade, which draws thousands of onlookers and dozens of floats and marching units.
The Homecoming football game this afternoon at Houck Stadium pits the Redhawks against Tennessee State. This is a matchup in which the players on the field could use all the fan support they can get. At halftime, the Man of the Year and Woman of the Year will be honored.
One special event in the busy Homecoming schedule this year is a reception for Jane Stacey, who has been director of alumni services for 35 years at the University. The reception will be in the new Wehking Alumni Center at 926 Broadway. Those attending the reception will have an opportunity to say hello to Jane Stacy and also see the transformation of the imposing former First Baptist Church building into an alumni center. Hearty congratulations and thanks to Jane Stacey for her years of devoted service on behalf of Southeast's alumni.
Welcome, Southeast alumni, supporters and football fans. We hope you have a wonderful time at this year's Homecoming.