- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
POPLAR BLUFF, Mo. -- Deloma "Toots" Colwell, 80, of Poplar Bluff died Wednesday, Sept. 29, 2004, at The Cedargate in Poplar Bluff.
She was born Aug. 14, 1924, at Fisk, Mo., daughter of Everett H. and Ossie A. Walker Hall.
Colwell had lived in Arizona and moved to Poplar Bluff in 1992. She was a retired business owner.
Survivors include a daughter, Tamara Smoot of Nashville, Tenn.; five brothers, Gary, Roy and Allen Hall of Poplar Bluff, Charles "Dub" Hall of Essex, Mo., Brent Hall of Wappapello, Mo.; two sisters, Alice Jarrell of Dexter, Mo., and Sue Duncan of Jackson.
She was preceded in death by a sister.
A memorial service will be held at a later date.
Watkins and Sons Funeral Service in Dexter is in charge of arrangements.