- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)17
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Uvalde McDowell, 88, of Jackson died Wednesday, Sept. 29, 2004, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born April 1, 1916, in Cheetham, Texas, daughter of Alfred and Missouri Thompson Lassen. She married Cecil McDowell, who preceded her in death.
McDowell was a longtime resident of Doniphan, Mo., moving to Jackson in 1989. She was a member of First General Baptist Church in Jackson.
Survivors include three daughters, Gloria Burk of Overland Park, Kan., Clarice Jones of Jackson, Carol Williams of Nashville, Tenn.; 10 grandchildren; and 11 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son, seven brothers, two sisters and two half brothers.
A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. today at First General Baptist Church in Jackson.
Friends may call at Edwards Funeral Home in Doniphan at 10 a.m. Saturday.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home. The Rev. Dewayne Mabry will officiate. Burial will be in Macedonia Cemetery.