- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Uvalde McDowell, 88, of Jackson died Wednesday, Sept. 29, 2004, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born April 1, 1916, in Cheetham, Texas, daughter of Alfred and Missouri Thompson Lassen. She married Cecil McDowell, who preceded her in death.
McDowell was a longtime resident of Doniphan, Mo., moving to Jackson in 1989. She was a member of First General Baptist Church in Jackson.
Survivors include three daughters, Gloria Burk of Overland Park, Kan., Clarice Jones of Jackson, Carol Williams of Nashville, Tenn.; 10 grandchildren; and 11 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son, seven brothers, two sisters and two half brothers.
A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. today at First General Baptist Church in Jackson.
Friends may call at Edwards Funeral Home in Doniphan at 10 a.m. Saturday.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home. The Rev. Dewayne Mabry will officiate. Burial will be in Macedonia Cemetery.