- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Town bakes 6,600 cookies for troops
HYDE PARK, N.Y. -- An upstate New York town has baked 6,600 cookies for troops serving overseas.
Liz Rogers, the head of the Hyde Park Chamber of Commerce, said the 550 dozen chocolate chip and oatmeal cookies were all made Monday and mailed Tuesday.
The care packages included notes from children and adult volunteers and disposable cameras to be mailed back so the bakers can see how the troops enjoyed their treats.