- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
- Former Chaffee officer faces DWI charge (8/20/17)2
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- PBS crew filming in Cape; Glenn House to be featured (8/17/17)
- Jumbo size: Rhodes 101 sets a world record with 15-foot, 4,700 gallon drinking cup (8/21/17)3
- Scott City Council reinstates police chief (8/16/17)1
- Unions deliver signatures to block right-to-work in Missouri (8/20/17)40
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
Town bakes 6,600 cookies for troops
HYDE PARK, N.Y. -- An upstate New York town has baked 6,600 cookies for troops serving overseas.
Liz Rogers, the head of the Hyde Park Chamber of Commerce, said the 550 dozen chocolate chip and oatmeal cookies were all made Monday and mailed Tuesday.
The care packages included notes from children and adult volunteers and disposable cameras to be mailed back so the bakers can see how the troops enjoyed their treats.