- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Cape man stabbed in head, arm after strip-club incident; skull fractured, police say (6/25/17)3
- Custom cuts: Local hairstylist provides free haircuts to special-needs children (6/26/17)3
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Marble Hill man accused of beating, kidnapping woman (6/27/17)
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)1
- Oran town board fired officer before hiring him as police chief; city officials say they can't remember reason for firing (6/25/17)2
- Playing with fire (6/25/17)
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Business notebook: Man's cheesecake whim becomes a full-time vocation (6/26/17)
Town bakes 6,600 cookies for troops
HYDE PARK, N.Y. -- An upstate New York town has baked 6,600 cookies for troops serving overseas.
Liz Rogers, the head of the Hyde Park Chamber of Commerce, said the 550 dozen chocolate chip and oatmeal cookies were all made Monday and mailed Tuesday.
The care packages included notes from children and adult volunteers and disposable cameras to be mailed back so the bakers can see how the troops enjoyed their treats.