- Cape fines contractor $1,100 a day for street-project delays; contractor blames utility relocations (5/18/17)13
- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Attorney general seeks bond revocation for embattled sheriff (5/17/17)3
- I will not be silenced (5/16/17)4
- Tractors owners to open restaurant in new Drury Plaza Hotel (5/15/17)
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Attorney general to review request to probe Oran timecard allegations; claims spark denials on Facebook (5/16/17)2
- Man accused of using stolen RV to break into airport (5/16/17)
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
Town bakes 6,600 cookies for troops
HYDE PARK, N.Y. -- An upstate New York town has baked 6,600 cookies for troops serving overseas.
Liz Rogers, the head of the Hyde Park Chamber of Commerce, said the 550 dozen chocolate chip and oatmeal cookies were all made Monday and mailed Tuesday.
The care packages included notes from children and adult volunteers and disposable cameras to be mailed back so the bakers can see how the troops enjoyed their treats.