- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Democratic lt. gov. candidate Sam Page to appear in Dexter
The Stoddard County Democratic Women will host their 16th annual Bess Truman dinner at 6:30 p.m. Saturday at the Elks Lodge in Dexter.
This year's speaker will be state Rep. Sam Page, Democratic candidate for lieutenant governor.
Page, a Van Buren, Mo., native, has visited the area several times for women's club's functions. He represents part of St. Louis County in the Missouri House of Representatives and was first elected to the House in November 2002.
Tickets for the dinner can be purchased by calling Annis Fortner at 573-624-3322.