- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
OLIVE BRANCH, Ill. -- Mary Frances Carner, 78, of Olive Branch died Tuesday, Sept. 28, 2004, at Red Bud Nursing Home in Red Bud, Ill.
She was born Aug. 8, 1926, in Alexander County, Ill., daughter of Lloyd and Retta King Clutts. She and Cecil Carner were married March 31, 1978. He died April 21, 1992.
Carner was a former school bus driver, and a Methodist.
Survivors include two sons, Kenneth Calvert of Metropolis, Ill., Terry Calvert of West Frankfort, Ill.; three daughters, Sharon Ruff of Bellingham, Wash., Sherri Marlo of Waterloo, Ill., Angela Richard of Christopher, Ill.; two brothers, William Clutts of Troy, Ill., James Clutts of Woodriver, Ill.; seven grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a grandson.
Friends may call at Crain Funeral Home in Tamms, Ill., after 10 a.m. Friday.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Larry Buckles officiating. Burial will be in Rose Hill Cemetery at Thebes, Ill.