- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)15
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Wallingford proposes bill to collect sales taxes on online purchases (1/11/17)30
OLIVE BRANCH, Ill. -- Mary Frances Carner, 78, of Olive Branch died Tuesday, Sept. 28, 2004, at Red Bud Nursing Home in Red Bud, Ill.
She was born Aug. 8, 1926, in Alexander County, Ill., daughter of Lloyd and Retta King Clutts. She and Cecil Carner were married March 31, 1978. He died April 21, 1992.
Carner was a former school bus driver, and a Methodist.
Survivors include two sons, Kenneth Calvert of Metropolis, Ill., Terry Calvert of West Frankfort, Ill.; three daughters, Sharon Ruff of Bellingham, Wash., Sherri Marlo of Waterloo, Ill., Angela Richard of Christopher, Ill.; two brothers, William Clutts of Troy, Ill., James Clutts of Woodriver, Ill.; seven grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a grandson.
Friends may call at Crain Funeral Home in Tamms, Ill., after 10 a.m. Friday.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Larry Buckles officiating. Burial will be in Rose Hill Cemetery at Thebes, Ill.