- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Katheryn Rowell, 92, of Sikeston died Wednesday, Sept. 29, 2004, at Missouri Delta Medical Center.
She was born April 3, 1912, in Mississippi, daughter of Fred Patrick and Lura Hubbard Rowell. Rowell was a teacher at Morehouse Elementary School in Morehouse, Mo., and then in the St. Louis School District before retiring.
Survivors include three brothers, Joe Rowell of Grove, Okla., Herbert Rowell of Wappapello, Mo., and Douglas Rowell of Dallas, Texas.
She was preceded in death by three brothers and three sisters.
A memorial service will be held at 2 p.m. Friday at Ponder Funeral Home. The Rev. William "Bill" Koch will officiate. Burial will be in Memorial Park Cemetery.