- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Nell Watkins Underwood, 76, of Marble Hill died Tuesday, Sept. 28, 2004, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born June 20, 1928, in Calloway County, Ky., daughter of James Perry and Effie Ellen Peebles Morton. She and John Watkins were married Sept. 2, 1944. He died May 2, 1964. She later married Loyd D. Underwood June 29, 1974. He died May 21, 1999.
Underwood was a member of Greenville Baptist Church.
Survivors include three sons, Jerry Watkins of Horn Lake, Miss., Bobby Watkins of Bridge City, Texas, David Watkins of Patterson, Mo.; two daughters, Barbara Hixson of Greenville, Nelda Broshuis of Jackson; a stepdaughter, Kathy Fox Jones of Glenallen, Mo.; two sisters, Audie Denton of East Prairie, Mo., Letha Wheeler of Hornbeak, Tenn.; 15 grandchildren; 19 great-grandchildren; and a great-great-grandson.
She was preceded in death by her parents, two brothers and a sister.
Friends may call at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Gene Robbins and Pete Morton officiating. Burial will be in Wesley Chapel Cemetery at Hiram, Mo.