- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)23
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Health calendar 9/30/04
Grief support group meets from 7 to 9 p.m. in Conference Room A at Saint Francis Medical Center. For information, call Denise Essner at 651-4617.
Preparation for childbirth class 3 meets from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. in the Healing Arts Center conference room. Call (877) 231-2229.
Blood drive from 2 to 7 p.m. at Cape Girardeau Red Cross Center.
"Ask your doctor" airs at 8 p.m. on cable channel 5. Dr. George Livermore will speak about sinusitis and snoring. Viewers can phone 334-3095 with questions during the program.
LifeSaver class for new parents from 1 to 4 p.m. in the Generations Family Resource Center at Southeast Missouri Hospital. The class is free to new parents delivering at Southeast, $10 fee for others. Register by calling Generations at 651-5825.
Blood pressure screening from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. at St. Mary's Cathedral. For information, phone the Generations Family Resource Center at 651-5825.
Biometrics team weight control six-week session begins. Team meetings are either at 6 a.m. or 4 p.m. on Monday, Wednesday and Friday at Main Street Fitness Center in Jackson. There is a fee that includes food plan, water bottle, T-shirt and assessments. For information, phone 243-2211.
Breast-feeding class from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. in the Healing Arts Center conference room. This class should be taken six to eight weeks prior to delivery. For information or to register, call (877) 231-BABY (2229).
Brain injury resource group meets at 6:30 p.m. at the home of Cathy Tanksley for a bonfire and social. For more information, call the Generations Center at 651-5825.
Blood pressure screening from 10 to 11 a.m. at the Illmo Housing Authority, sponsored by the Generations Family Resource Center at Southeast Missouri Hospital. For information, call 651-5825.
Breast-feeding class from 3 to 5 p.m. at the Generations Family Resource Center at Southeast Missouri Hospital. Call 651-5825 to register.
Mended Hearts Club meets at 6 p.m. in the Generations Center at Southeast Missouri Hospital for a program by member Henry Gerecke. For information, call Vicki Frank at 651-5824.
Explorer Post 4077 will meet at 7 p.m. in the Harrison Room at Southeast Missouri Hospital for a tour of the hospital. The Explorer Post 4077 offers young people ages 14 to 21 the opportunity to explore career options in health-care fields. For information, call 651-5825.
Breast cancer support group meets 7 to 9 p.m. in the Healing Arts Center conference room. For information, call 331-5107.
-- From staff reports