- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Cherry - 60 years
Leon and Lola Cherry of Cape Girardeau observed their 60th wedding anniversary Oct. 3, 2008.
A dinner and dance was held in their honor Oct. 18. Hosts were their children and spouses, Barbara (Phil) Bungard of Chillicothe, Ill., Elizabeth Wilhelm of Cape Girardeau, and David (Melissa) Cherry of Scott City.
Guests attended from Chicago, St. Louis, Colorado, Tennessee, Iowa, and the surrounding area.
The Cherrys have six grandchildren, Brian (Tiffany) Bungard, Jeff (Denise) Bungard, Jennifer (Brad) DeVoss, all of Chillicothe; Dayne (Vicky) Cherry of Cape Girardeau, Dylan Cherry and Troy Phegley of Scott City. They have five great-grandchildren, Kayla and Shelbi Bungard, Emily Bungard, Isabella and Olivia DeVoss, all of Chillicothe.