- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Police report 10/18/2008
The Cape Girardeau Police Department released the following items. Arrests do not imply guilt.
* Rose M. Staple, 24, 2037 Pear Tree Court, No. 3, was arrested on two Cape Girardeau warrants for failure to pay fines for improper registration and violation of steady red light.
* Westley O. Shockley, 40, 14 S. Henderson Ave., was arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to distribute and endangering child welfare.
* A 13-year-old boy was cited into juvenile court for assault.
* Micah A. Keller, 18, and Mark S. Bayliss, 17, both of Patton, Mo., were arrested on suspicion of stealing.
* Terry L. Boyd Jr., 28, of 1400 S. Kingshighway, No. 45, was arrested on a St. Louis County warrant for endangering child welfare.
* Michael D. Smith, 53, 2824 Themis St., Apt. 6, was arrested on a Cape Girardeau warrant for stealing.
* Theon D. Mackins, Sr., 24, of Pulaski, Ill., was arrested on a Cape Girardeau County warrant for probation violation.
* Anthony J. Mackins, 23, of Cairo, Ill., was arrested on a Charleston, Mo., warrant for failure to appear for driving while intoxicated.
* Shanell L. Russell, 25, of Hayti, Mo., was arrested on Cape Girardeau warrants for contempt of court for stealing and probation violation.
* Melynda J. Tollison, 20, 126 Sheridan St., Apt. A, was issued a summons for possession of drug paraphernalia.
* A cell phone and money were reported stolen in the 1000 block of South Silver Springs Road.
* A bicycle was reported stolen at 1919 Good Hope St.
* A washer and dryer were reported stolen at 1110 S. Ellis St.
* An assault was reported.
* A domestic assault was reported.
* Glass was reported damaged at 119 N. Henderson Ave.
* Counterfeiting was reported.
The Jackson Police Department released the following items. Arrests do not imply guilt.
* A theft was reported in Veterans Memorial Park.
* A theft was reported in the 300 block of South Missouri Street.
* A disturbance was reported in the 400 block of Elm Street.
* A disturbance was reported in the 200 block of Kies Avenue.
* A disturbance was reported in the 100 block of South Shawnee Boulevard.
Cape Girardeau County
The Cape Girardeau County Sheriff's Department released the following items. Arrests do not imply guilt.
* Edward E. Messmer, 38, of Chaffee, Mo., was arrested on suspicion of driving while intoxicated.
* Timothy R. Everett, 39, of Jackson was arrested on suspicion of driving while intoxicated, failure to drive on right half of roadway, failure to signal and false report.
* Amanda L. Fullington, 22, of Perryville, Mo., was arrested on suspicion of driving while suspended.
* Bernard L. Lawrence, 48, of Cape Girardeau was arrested on suspicion of driving while revoked and failure to register motor vehicle.
* Cameron B. Bell, 20, of Cape Girardeau was arrested on a U.S. Army warrant for military desertion.