- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Three arrested for stealing in Bell City area
BLOOMFIELD, Mo. -- Three area men, two of whom are Stoddard County residents, are in the custody of the Stoddard County Sheriff's Department facing felony charges of receiving stolen property, with other charges pending.
According to Sheriff Carl Hef≠ner, his office received numerous calls Tuesday regarding vehicle tampering incidents in the Bell City, Mo., area and callers reported that property was taken from inside the vehicles.
Hefner said that later Tuesday, deputies arrested Robert Bryan Watkins of Bell City, Casey D. Hendry, of the Wappapello area, and Jimmy Junior Cureton of Advance, Mo.
Each was formally charged on Wednesday with the felony of receiving stolen property, and each has a bond set at $12,500. Hefner said further charges are expected. All three men remain in the custody of the sheriff's department.