- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Hilda Magalena Holzum Vandeven, 95, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, Sept. 27, 2004, at the Fountainbleau Lodge in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Aug. 26, 1909, in Leopold, Mo., daughter of Robert George and Hannah Marie Lenderink Holzum. She married Henry Charles Vandeven June 1, 1932 at Leopold. He died May 29, 1981.
She was a member of St. Anthony's Catholic Church in Glennon, Mo., and since 1986 the Immaculate Conception Church in Jackson. She was also a member of St. Ann PCCW.
Vandeven lived on the family farm in Glennon from 1932 until 1986. She moved to Jackson in 1986 before staying in the nursing home.
Survivors include two daughters, Virginia Conners of O'Fallon, Mo., and Jo Ann Arnzen of Cape Girardeau; four grandchildren and 14 great-grandchildren; a sister, Johanna Broshuis of Jackson; and a brother, Henry Holzum of Marble Hill, Mo.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at Hutchings Funeral Chapel. Parish prayers will be at 7 p.m.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at St. Anthony's in Glennon, with the Rev. Bill Huggins officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery.