- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)7
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Lawmakers put prevailing wage in crosshairs; laborers object (2/12/17)10
- Chaffee district seeks bond issue for classrooms, property (3/26/17)4
- 'Construction with finesse' (3/26/17)2
- Cramped quarters: April 4 proposition aims to ease crowding in Perry County District Schools (3/23/17)4
Can't stop terrorists with kindness
To the editor:
This is in regard to the "Feed the children" Speak Out comment. First off, the people we are at war with are not people whose only sin is being poor. They acted in aggression against us and repeatedly lied to the United Nations. Secondly, out of those who buy a new car, how many pay cash for that car? Most finance, not spending $30,000 in a single instance but rather paying it off for around five years, strengthening our economy. While I respect anyone's love of Jesus and peace, terrorists cannot be stopped with kindness.
JEREMY TOWNSEND, Chaffee, Mo.