- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)21
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
Can't stop terrorists with kindness
To the editor:
This is in regard to the "Feed the children" Speak Out comment. First off, the people we are at war with are not people whose only sin is being poor. They acted in aggression against us and repeatedly lied to the United Nations. Secondly, out of those who buy a new car, how many pay cash for that car? Most finance, not spending $30,000 in a single instance but rather paying it off for around five years, strengthening our economy. While I respect anyone's love of Jesus and peace, terrorists cannot be stopped with kindness.
JEREMY TOWNSEND, Chaffee, Mo.