- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Can't stop terrorists with kindness
To the editor:
This is in regard to the "Feed the children" Speak Out comment. First off, the people we are at war with are not people whose only sin is being poor. They acted in aggression against us and repeatedly lied to the United Nations. Secondly, out of those who buy a new car, how many pay cash for that car? Most finance, not spending $30,000 in a single instance but rather paying it off for around five years, strengthening our economy. While I respect anyone's love of Jesus and peace, terrorists cannot be stopped with kindness.
JEREMY TOWNSEND, Chaffee, Mo.