- Cape fines contractor $1,100 a day for street-project delays; contractor blames utility relocations (5/18/17)13
- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Attorney general seeks bond revocation for embattled sheriff (5/17/17)3
- I will not be silenced (5/16/17)4
- Tractors owners to open restaurant in new Drury Plaza Hotel (5/15/17)
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Attorney general to review request to probe Oran timecard allegations; claims spark denials on Facebook (5/16/17)2
- Man accused of using stolen RV to break into airport (5/16/17)
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
Can't stop terrorists with kindness
To the editor:
This is in regard to the "Feed the children" Speak Out comment. First off, the people we are at war with are not people whose only sin is being poor. They acted in aggression against us and repeatedly lied to the United Nations. Secondly, out of those who buy a new car, how many pay cash for that car? Most finance, not spending $30,000 in a single instance but rather paying it off for around five years, strengthening our economy. While I respect anyone's love of Jesus and peace, terrorists cannot be stopped with kindness.
JEREMY TOWNSEND, Chaffee, Mo.