- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Cape man stabbed in head, arm after strip-club incident; skull fractured, police say (6/25/17)3
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)3
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)1
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Oran town board fired officer before hiring him as police chief; city officials say they can't remember reason for firing (6/25/17)2
- Library provides free lunches this summer (6/19/17)
- Jackson School District giving away bricks from 'Old A' building (6/23/17)2
Can't stop terrorists with kindness
To the editor:
This is in regard to the "Feed the children" Speak Out comment. First off, the people we are at war with are not people whose only sin is being poor. They acted in aggression against us and repeatedly lied to the United Nations. Secondly, out of those who buy a new car, how many pay cash for that car? Most finance, not spending $30,000 in a single instance but rather paying it off for around five years, strengthening our economy. While I respect anyone's love of Jesus and peace, terrorists cannot be stopped with kindness.
JEREMY TOWNSEND, Chaffee, Mo.