- Fatal-shooting victim ID'd; uncle said he tried to break up fight (9/29/16)29
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Perryville High principal on leave; no reason given (9/28/16)9
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Animal-rescue group receives grant from rock star for spay, neuter assistance (9/28/16)1
- Monia pleads guilty to 9 counts of financial exploitation of elderly; dealings with murderer Joseph clarified (9/28/16)11
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)6
Pot calls kettle black over CBS flap
To the editor:
I am totally amazed about the pot calling the kettle black on the Dan Rather story. What about the flawed intelligence leading to Sept. 11, 2001, the weapons of mass destruction, Osama bin Laden, ties to Saudia Arabia (where most of al-Qaida operatives originated from) and other numerous falsehoods? I have yet to hear any responsibility taken for these and more. As to Fox being a credible source for information: That is as ludicrous as the four stories we heard from Allawi, Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld on plans for the Iraqi elections. By the way, this week Ashcroft is still 0-5,000 on his terrorist convictions as yet another is released over lack of evidence.
MARTIN L. SMITH, Perryville, Mo.