- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)26
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Pot calls kettle black over CBS flap
To the editor:
I am totally amazed about the pot calling the kettle black on the Dan Rather story. What about the flawed intelligence leading to Sept. 11, 2001, the weapons of mass destruction, Osama bin Laden, ties to Saudia Arabia (where most of al-Qaida operatives originated from) and other numerous falsehoods? I have yet to hear any responsibility taken for these and more. As to Fox being a credible source for information: That is as ludicrous as the four stories we heard from Allawi, Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld on plans for the Iraqi elections. By the way, this week Ashcroft is still 0-5,000 on his terrorist convictions as yet another is released over lack of evidence.
MARTIN L. SMITH, Perryville, Mo.