- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Foot plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
Pot calls kettle black over CBS flap
To the editor:
I am totally amazed about the pot calling the kettle black on the Dan Rather story. What about the flawed intelligence leading to Sept. 11, 2001, the weapons of mass destruction, Osama bin Laden, ties to Saudia Arabia (where most of al-Qaida operatives originated from) and other numerous falsehoods? I have yet to hear any responsibility taken for these and more. As to Fox being a credible source for information: That is as ludicrous as the four stories we heard from Allawi, Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld on plans for the Iraqi elections. By the way, this week Ashcroft is still 0-5,000 on his terrorist convictions as yet another is released over lack of evidence.
MARTIN L. SMITH, Perryville, Mo.