- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)4
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)3
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)33
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
- Cape woman hopes son's death in Chattanooga will lead to better policing (11/30/16)11
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
Pot calls kettle black over CBS flap
To the editor:
I am totally amazed about the pot calling the kettle black on the Dan Rather story. What about the flawed intelligence leading to Sept. 11, 2001, the weapons of mass destruction, Osama bin Laden, ties to Saudia Arabia (where most of al-Qaida operatives originated from) and other numerous falsehoods? I have yet to hear any responsibility taken for these and more. As to Fox being a credible source for information: That is as ludicrous as the four stories we heard from Allawi, Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld on plans for the Iraqi elections. By the way, this week Ashcroft is still 0-5,000 on his terrorist convictions as yet another is released over lack of evidence.
MARTIN L. SMITH, Perryville, Mo.