- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Haunted happenings: Halloween events in Cape Girardeau area
Dare to be scared in Black Forest Village
Let the Grim Reaper guide you through the annual Haunted Ghost Town at Black Forest Village on Friday and Saturday and Oct. 24, 25 and 31. The dead rise to haunt theme rooms, a barn and a straw bale maze and make sure you leave looking over your shoulder. Tour hours are 6:30 to 10:30 p.m. Black Forest Village is four miles north of Cape Girardeau on County Road 638. For directions and more information, call 335-0899.
Haunted Hall of Horror
The Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department, Real Rock 99.3, K103 and Kiss 93.9 sponsor the 2008 Haunted Hall of Horror at the Arena Building from 7 p.m. to midnight Friday and Saturday, Oct. 24, 25 and Oct. 30 (ending at 11 p.m. Thursday only). All are invited, but children 12 and younger must be accompanied by an adult. Discounted price for children 12 and younger. For more information call 335-5421.
Haunted Train Car
You're not the only passengers on this train. Hop on the St. Louis Iron Mountain & Southern Railway in Jackson and hang on for your life. Rides are from 7 to 11 p.m., Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Located at the intersection of Kingshighway and Hope Street in Jackson. Call 800-455-7245 or 243-1688 for more information.
Rocky Holler Halloween Hayride
Take a ride through Rocky Holler when it is at its spookiest. This family event cost $7 a person. Rides are from 7 to 11 p.m. For more information, call 243-6440.
Haunted Trail Hill of Horror
Take a hayride to the Haunted Maple Grove and then fend off ghouls and creatures as you try to find your way back. Rides will be from dusk to 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday. To get to the trail, take Highway 34 W (toward Burfordsville), turn right on Route UU and go seven miles. Cost is $5.