- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Area sports digest 9/28/04
Southeast tennis fares well
in Aces' Fall Classic
Southeast Missouri State University's women's tennis team had a third-place finisher and a consolation champion during the Aces' Fall Classic in Evansville, Ind., over the weekend.
Ashley Hooper placed third at No. 3 singles, and Drew Kristal won the consolation title at No. 2 singles.
Hooper lost in her semifinal match to Eastern Kentucky's Terin Roof 6-3, 6-0. She was awarded the third-place finish when her opponent defaulted.
Kristal defeated SIU's Zuzana Palovic 8-4 in the consolation final.
Miranda Petrea lost in the consolation finals at No. 6 singles, while all three Southeast doubles teams also lost in the consolation finals: Drew Kristal and Bryce Kristal at No. 1; Kimmy Anderson and Kolby Hoebing at No. 2; and Petrea and Kim Roberts at No. 3.
match play event
Dalhousie Golf Club had three pairs shoot 142 to defeat Eagle Lake Golf Club 719 to 748 in a match play event on Saturday.
The pairs of Mark McDowell-Mark Johnson, Mark Unger-Todd Ladd and Scot Roe-Neil Prater led Dalhousie with 142's. Mark Allen and Jeff Patton shot a 143, and the pairs of Ben Cantrell-David Clabaugh and Ken Swinford-Greg Howard shot 150.
Stoverink, Garland win
Cori Stoverink and Rick Garland won the SEMO Horseshoe Association's event Sunday at the Knights of Columbus in Jackson.
The team of Doris Stubenrauch and John Vandeven placed second, and Ron LeGrand and Brian Beussink took third.
Scorpions Rugby Club
tops St. Louis Royals
The Kohlfeld Scorpions Rugby Club defeated the St. Louis Royals 47-10 in a Missouri Union Cup Match on Saturday.
Alan Kloss scored a career-high five points, while Cole Burton had two scores and Matt Koetting had one. Mark Lineberry provided the conversion kicks.
The Scorpions return to action at 1 p.m. Saturday when the St. Louis Bombers visit Arena Park.
--From staff reports