- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
Learning briefs 9/28
College senior joins research program
Tamika Barkley of Cape Girardeau was recently selected to take part in the Louis Stokes-Missouri Alliance for Minority Participation summer research program at the University of Missouri-Columbia. Barkley, a senior majoring in psychology, is the daughter of Reba and Billy Barkley. She is a member of the Golden Key National Honors Society and the Psi Chi National Honors Society.
Notre Dame seniors make scholarship semifinals
Two area students, Kent Buxton and Kenneth Richardson, were recently named National Merit Scholarship semifinalists by the National Merit Scholarship Corp. Both Buxton and Richardson are seniors at Notre Dame Regional High School and live in Cape Girardeau. Buxton is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Kirk Buxton. Richardson is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Ken Richardson. The two are among 16,000 semifinalists. They will advance to the finalist round where they will be eligible for various scholarship awards.
Area students earn masters from WWU
FULTON, Mo. -- Six local students recently graduated with master's degrees from William Woods University. They include: Pamela Howell of Scott City; Jill Pinkston of Benton, Mo.; and Mendi Gragg, Tracy Haggerty, Glenda Riggins and Suzan Ward, all of Cape Girardeau.
-- From staff reports