- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Dexter student arrested on sodomy, restraint charges
DEXTER, Mo. -- A Dexter High School student and football player was arrested Friday afternoon on charges of sodomy and restraint.
Zachariah Allen Hedrick, 17, a junior at Dexter High School, faces charges of forcible sodomy and felonious restraint, according to the Stoddard County Sheriff's Department.
Details that led to the charges will be published as they become available.
Forcible sodomy, an unclassified felony punishable by up to life in prison, is defined in the Missouri Revised Statutes as "... deviate sexual intercourse with another person by the use of forcible compulsion."
Felonious restraint, a Class C felony, is punishable by up to seven years in prison and is defined as knowingly restraining another unlawfully and without consent so as to interfere substantially with his liberty and exposes him to a substantial risk of serious physical injury.
Hedrick was taken to the Stoddard County Jail where his bond was set at $50,000 cash only and he bonded out. No court date had been set as of press time.