- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)18
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Worth the drive 10/9/08
Less than 2 hours away
The Carson Center, Paducah, Ky.
"Stomp!" will stop at the Carson Center in Paducah on its tour through the U.S.. The rhythmic percussion act will be at the River Campus in Cape Girardeau Oct. 21 and 22, but if you can't wait to see the choreography, the show will be in Paducah on Friday and Saturday. Lighters, brooms, trash cans, nothing is above the beat in the award-winning production that's been performed for 14 years. Showtimes are 7:30 p.m. Friday, 4 and 8 p.m. Saturday. Tickets range from $26 to $50 and are available at the Carson Center box office 270-450-4444, at www.thecarsoncenter.org, or by logging on to www.stomponline.com. Discounts are available to 2008-09 Broadway Season Subscribers and groups of 20 or more. A 10 percent discount is available for students with valid identification.
Less than 3 hours away
Maramec Spring Park, St. James, Mo.
The 30th annual Old Iron Works Days will be Saturday and Sunday with crafts, displays, music and crosscut sawing each day. Bands include the Windy Ridge Bluegrass Band, the Ozark Spirit Cloggers and the Rosa String Works band. Activities start at noon both days. There will be plenty of country food and beverages available. Price is $10 per car. For more information, call 573-265-7124.