- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Johnilee Cowell, 89, of Sikeston died Tuesday, Sept. 21, 2004, at Miner Nursing Center in Miner, Mo.
She was born May 18, 1915, in LaMar, Ark., daughter of John and Cordia Blackburn Chronister. She married Lewis Cowell, who died June 13, 1963.
Cowell was a member of Vanduser Baptist Church.
Survivors include a son, Wayne Cowell of Sikeston; a daughter, Jane Moore of Sikeston; seven grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a brother and two sisters.
A memorial service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Monday at Ponder Funeral Home in Sikeston, with Mike Wilson officiating. Private burial will be at a later date.