- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
High school football - Week No. 4
Scott City (3-0) at Brentwood (1-2), 7 p.m.
Last week: Scott City 17, East Prairie 0; Westminster 30, Brentwood 18
Last year's game: did not meet
Notes: The Rams will have to deal with a powerful offense on the road at Brentwood. Brentwood has three rushers with more than 100 yards, led by Hardy Ricks' 460. Brandon Ellis has rushed for 324 yards on 40 carries. Brentwood's quarterback, Vishwaas Seeram, has thrown for 305 yards. Scott City has a vaunted running back of its own, with senior Matt Schaefer surpassing 100 yards in each of Scott City's three games. Schaefer has 410 yards rushing. Scott City quarterback Mark Johnston has thrown for 332 yards and rushed for 108.
Perryville (1-2) at Ste. Genevieve (1-2), 7 p.m.
Last week: Herculaneum 21, Perryville 7; Festus 28, Ste. Genevieve 14
Last year's game: Ste. Genevieve 30, Perryville 13
Notes: Perryville is looking to rebound after a tough home loss. The Pirates were hurt by penalties against the Black Cats, but were able to limit their turnovers. Pirate running back Matt Unterreiner was limited to less than 60 yards on the ground against Herculaneum after rushing for more than 300 the first two weeks.
St. Vincent (2-1) at Grandview (1-2), 7 p.m.
Last week: Potosi 17, St. Vincent 14; St. Pius 29, Grandview 22
Last year's game: St. Vincent 35, Grandview 7
Notes: St. Vincent will try to rebound from a close loss with a road game against Grandview. The Indians won handily last season against Grandview, and will look to stifle the Bulldogs with their strong defense. Tyler Lozier leads the running attack for St. Vincent with 211 yards on 26 carries.
Portageville (2-1) at Chaffee (0-3), 7 p.m.
Last week: Crystal City 37, Chaffee 7; Portageville 41, Fulton (Ky.) 0
Last year's game: Portageville 46, Chaffee 13
Notes: Chaffee will try to end a 17-game losing streak in its home opener against SEMO South conference foe Portageville. Chaffee got on the board for the first time this season last week with a touchdown.
Central (0-3) vs. Normandy (1-2) at McCluer South-Berkeley, 1 p.m.
Last week: Blytheville (Ark.) 49, Central 20; Normandy 12, Jennings 3
Last year's game: did not meet
Notes: Central has started the season 0-3 for the first time since 1999, a 1-9 season which saw the Tigers open 0-6. The Tigers' running game has yet to get going this season, with less than 100 yards rushing in each of their first three games. Brandon Twiggs leads Central's rushing game with 100 yards on 24 carries. Blake Slattery has thrown for 353 yards in three games, but has five interceptions to two touchdowns. Normandy has not fared much better, without a back over 169 yards and only eight pass completions in three games.
Driving directions: From Cape Girardeau take I-55 North to I-70 West. From I-70 take New Florissant Road South. High School is located at New Forissant and Brotherton Lane.