- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Cape Girardeau man injured in one-car accident
SCOTT COUNTY, Mo. - A Cape Girardeau man was injured Sunday morning as the vehicle he was driving ran off the right side of the roadway and struck a creek embankment off Interstate 55, according to the Missouri State Highway Patrol crash reports Website. The 2001 Toyota driven by Robert A. Cunningham, 20, was totaled.
He was traveling 1 mile north of Highway 77 when the accident occurred at around 2:46 a.m. The highway patrol reported that Cunningham was driving carelessly and impudently. Cunningham was taken by ambulance to Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau, where he was treated for moderate injuries. Citations are pending.