- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
BELL CITY, Mo. -- Maude C. Cossou, 95, of Bell City died Sunday, Oct. 5, 2008, at Advance Nursing Home in Advance, Mo.
She was born April 27, 1913 in Bell City, daughter of Robert and Mattie Straney Overbey.
She and Charles Cossou were married in January 1932 in Benton, Mo. He died July 13, 1999.
She was a homemaker.
Survivors include two sons, Jerry Cossou of Welch, Okla., and Mike Cossou of Scott City; two daughters, Jane Bollinger and Janet Nesler, both of Bell City; two sisters, Hazel Bright and Lillian Thompson, both of Advance; seven grandchildren; eight great-grandchildren; and seven great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by several brothers.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Morgan Funeral Home in Advance.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. David Swindell officiating. Burial will be at Pleasant Hill Cemetery near Bell City.