- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
One dead, two injured in one-vehicle crash
One man was killed and a man and woman were injured Wednesday on Highway 25 six miles north of Delta, Mo.
All three were in a northbound 1998 Mercury Mountaineer. According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol, around 1 p.m., Gary Henderickson, 50, of St. Petersburg, Fla., attempted to pass a tractor-trailer unit. He lost control of the car and ran off the east side of the road. The car returned to the roadway and overturned several times, ejecting Henderson and a passenger, Robert Martin, 25, of Mancelona, Mich.
Henderickson was killed. Martin and another passenger, Mary Persons, 52, of Largo, Fla., were seriously injured. Martin was flown to Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau. Persons was taken by ambulance to the same hospital. Henderickson's body was taken to the Amick-Burnett Funeral Home in Benton, Mo.