- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Gross - Roethemeyer
Carl and Christine Gross of Jackson announce the engagement of their daughter, Diana Gross, to Matthew Roethemeyer. He is the son of Samuel and Marilee Roethemeyer of Jackson.
Gross is a 2000 graduate of Jackson High School. She received a bachelor of science degree in elementary education from Southeast Missouri State University in 2004, and expects to receive a master's degree from William Woods in December. She is a fifth grade teacher and assistant cross country coach with Oak Ridge School District.
Roethemeyer is a 2002 graduate of Jackson High School. He received a bachelor of science degree in physical education and health from Southeast in 2008, and is pursuing a master's degree from William Woods. He is employed by Chaffee School District teaching weightlifting and fitness, coaching junior high football, and is assistant basketball coach.
A June 20, 2009, wedding is planned at Emanuel United Church of Christ in Jackson.