- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Busy weekend events listing
Region's busy weekend
What: East Perry Community Fair
When: From 8 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Friday and from 9 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Saturday
Where: Altenburg, Mo.
Info: (573) 824-5827
What: City of Roses Music Festival
When: 5 to 10 p.m. Friday and 12 to 10 p.m. Saturday
Where: Water Street in Cape Girardeau
What: Pioneer Days
When: Starts 6 p.m. Friday and from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday
Where: Marquand Historical Park on Route A in Marquand, Mo.
What: Commerce Floodfest
When: 6 to 10 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday
Where: Commerce City Park in Commerce, Mo.
What: Musician Keith Sykes performs
When: 7 p.m.
Where: University Center Ballroom at Southeast Missouri State University
What: Bark in the Park, sponsored by the Humance Society of Southeast Missouri
When: 9 a.m.
Where: Capaha Park in Cape Girardeau
What: Southeast Missouri March of Dimes Bikers for Babies fundraiser
When: Registration begins at 9 a.m., riders take off at 11 a.m.
Where: Starts at Cape Girardeau's River Eagle Distributing at 2346 Rust Ave.
What: 15th annual Fort Kaskaskia Traditional Music Festival
When: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and 12 to 6 p.m. Sunday
Where: Fort Kaskaskia Historic Site, six miles north of Chester, Ill., on Highway 3.
What: Illmo Centennial Celebration
When: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Where: Schock Community Arts Center and Hawthorne Senior Park in Scott City
What: Crab and BBQ Festival
When: 3 to 7 p.m.
Where: Alto Vineyard in Alto Pass, Ill.
Info: (618) 893-4898
What: 24th City of Roses Half Marathon
When: Power walking and non-competitive running starts at 6 a.m. and competitive running starts at 7 a.m.
Where: Arena Park in Cape Girardeau
Info: 243-1931 or 334-4053
What: 8th annual Cape Shrine Club Poker Run; a 96-mile motorcycle run whose proceeds go to the Shriners Children's Hospitals.
When: Registration at 11:30 a.m., prizes awarded at 4 p.m.
Where: Starts at the parking lot across from Hutson's Fine Furniture at 43 S. Main St. in Cape Girardeau
What: Begining of the Sundays at Three chamber music series offered by the Department of Music at Southeast Missouri State University.
When: 3 p.m.
Where: Old St. Vincent's Church in Cape Girardeau