- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Area events 10/01/2008
Scott County Women in Agriculture to meet
The Scott County Women in Agriculture will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday at the USDA office on Highway 77 in Benton, Mo. Bernice Kern will speak about "Friends of the Library." All women are invited to attend. For more information, call Kay Dover at 573-545-9027.
Chicken, fish dinners set for several Fridays
Chicken and fish dinners will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Fridays, Oct. 3 through Nov. 7, at the Knights of Columbus Upper Hall, U.S. 61 in Scott City. The buffet includes all-you-can-eat chicken and fish, slaw, seasoned fries, hushpuppies and baked beans. Carry-outs will be available. The price is reduced for children younger than 12; children younger than 6 eat free. Proceeds will benefit St. Joseph, St. Denis, St. Ambrose, St. Lawrence and St. Augustine parishes, Knights of Columbus charitable programs and the Ladies Auxiliary.
Art and craft sale to be held this weekend
The first Friday Art Walk will be from 5 to 9 p.m. Friday and from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday at the Marquette Restaurant lobby, 338 Broadway. Among items for sale are goat milk soap, lampwork bead jewelry, glass mosaics, gourmet wildlife sauce and wire jewelry.
Pioneer Orchard holds harvest day fundraiser
The 41st annual harvest day, a fundraiser for the American Cancer Society and Shriners Hospital, will be from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday at Pioneer Orchard, Highway 34 West in Jackson. There will be crafts, food, children's king and queen and baby contest, old-time food preparation demonstrations, petting zoo and a pumpkin patch. Call 243-8008 for more information.
Filer family reunion set for Saturday in Jackson
The Filer family reunion will be from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Saturday at Delmonico's in Jackson. Lunch is Dutch treat. There will be an auction. For more information, call Mary Jane at 238-2529 or Alice at 243-4386.
Cape County Democrats to hold fall festival
The Cape County Democrats will hold a fall festival with speaker Missouri State Auditor Susan Montee and other candidates at 6 p.m. Saturday at the Eagles Club, 321 N. Spring Ave. There will be a cash bar, auctions and a meal. Tickets may be purchased from any Central Committee member or by calling 334-7744. No tickets will be sold at the door.
Chaffee Chamber of Commerce holds sale
The Chaffee Chamber of Commerce is sponsoring its annual citywide yard sale Friday and Saturday. Chaffee, Mo., residents are encouraged to set up sales at home and may have their sale address listed in a flier for a nominal fee. For more information, call Retta at 573-887-9093, Alan at 573-318-9059 or Linda at 573-887-3790.
Cobden, Ill., to hold fall festival this weekend
COBDEN, Ill. — Cobden will hold a fall festival including a car show, food, music and games with participation from the Union County Museum, Wine Trail Antiques and St. Joseph Church. The museum will serve as the information station from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday. For more information, contact village hall at 618-893-2425.
— From staff reports