- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Grover Jones Jr.
PERRYVILLE, Mo. — Grover L. Jones, 79, of Perryville died Monday, Sept. 22, 2008, at his home.
He was born Feb. 15, 1929, in St. Francois County, Mo., son of Grover L. and Carrie Blackwell Jones Sr. He and Doris M. Hansen were married Feb. 4, 1956. She died Aug. 13, 2007.
Jones was a retired miner from Mississippi Lime Co.
Survivors include a son, William Jones of Perryville; a daughter, Jamie Jones of Ocklawaha, Fla.; a brother, Clyde Jones of Park Hills, Mo.; and three grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by two brothers and two sisters.
Visitation will be from 11 a.m. to time of service Friday at Miller Family Funeral Home in Perryville.
A memorial service will be held at 1 p.m. Friday at the funeral home. Matthew Marks will officiate. Burial will be at a later date.