- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Former Chaffee officer faces DWI charge (8/20/17)2
- 'Love, not hate': Area residents gather to sing, talk about racial issues after violence in Charlottesville (8/14/17)89
Memories of a great game
To the editor:
Seeing the picture of Southeast Missouri State University students at the SEMO-Missouri football game brought back a lot of memories. I was at that game. Paul Hamen was the football coach at Perryville High School at that time. He took four high school students to the game. I was one of the lucky ones who got to go.
Hamen was originally from Cape Girardeau, and he married my sister Evelyn. That was the reason I was one of the lucky ones.
Southeast lost that game 20-0. It played a good game. If I am not mistaken, I believe there were two boys from Perryville on the team, Orville Popp and Web MacTee. Things have changed a bit since then.
HENRY LOTTES, Perryville, Mo.