- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Jackson police describe night of anger, car crashes, drug possession by 18-year-old (1/22/17)5
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- A message from heaven (1/23/17)
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Area residents among those attending inauguration, women's march (1/22/17)90
- Comedian, cancer survivor Tom Green headlines sold-out Cancer Center benefit (1/22/17)
Memories of a great game
To the editor:
Seeing the picture of Southeast Missouri State University students at the SEMO-Missouri football game brought back a lot of memories. I was at that game. Paul Hamen was the football coach at Perryville High School at that time. He took four high school students to the game. I was one of the lucky ones who got to go.
Hamen was originally from Cape Girardeau, and he married my sister Evelyn. That was the reason I was one of the lucky ones.
Southeast lost that game 20-0. It played a good game. If I am not mistaken, I believe there were two boys from Perryville on the team, Orville Popp and Web MacTee. Things have changed a bit since then.
HENRY LOTTES, Perryville, Mo.