- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Foot plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
Memories of a great game
To the editor:
Seeing the picture of Southeast Missouri State University students at the SEMO-Missouri football game brought back a lot of memories. I was at that game. Paul Hamen was the football coach at Perryville High School at that time. He took four high school students to the game. I was one of the lucky ones who got to go.
Hamen was originally from Cape Girardeau, and he married my sister Evelyn. That was the reason I was one of the lucky ones.
Southeast lost that game 20-0. It played a good game. If I am not mistaken, I believe there were two boys from Perryville on the team, Orville Popp and Web MacTee. Things have changed a bit since then.
HENRY LOTTES, Perryville, Mo.