- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Thankful people: Marble Hill woman been through much and remains thankful (11/24/16)
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)4
- Light Christmas: Thousands gather to view Parade of Lights (11/28/16)5
Memories of a great game
To the editor:
Seeing the picture of Southeast Missouri State University students at the SEMO-Missouri football game brought back a lot of memories. I was at that game. Paul Hamen was the football coach at Perryville High School at that time. He took four high school students to the game. I was one of the lucky ones who got to go.
Hamen was originally from Cape Girardeau, and he married my sister Evelyn. That was the reason I was one of the lucky ones.
Southeast lost that game 20-0. It played a good game. If I am not mistaken, I believe there were two boys from Perryville on the team, Orville Popp and Web MacTee. Things have changed a bit since then.
HENRY LOTTES, Perryville, Mo.