- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- Without city record, Marie Street residents on hook for thousands in sewer repairs (4/19/17)7
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)4
- Man out on bond for alleged molestation of boys charged with abusing girl (4/18/17)
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)
- Deputy: Man kicked, broke uncle's ribs after yard-work dispute (4/19/17)
- Sikeston man charged in shooting death of Cape man (4/23/17)
Memories of a great game
To the editor:
Seeing the picture of Southeast Missouri State University students at the SEMO-Missouri football game brought back a lot of memories. I was at that game. Paul Hamen was the football coach at Perryville High School at that time. He took four high school students to the game. I was one of the lucky ones who got to go.
Hamen was originally from Cape Girardeau, and he married my sister Evelyn. That was the reason I was one of the lucky ones.
Southeast lost that game 20-0. It played a good game. If I am not mistaken, I believe there were two boys from Perryville on the team, Orville Popp and Web MacTee. Things have changed a bit since then.
HENRY LOTTES, Perryville, Mo.