- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Southeast soccer nips Air Force 2-1
Emily Newsham scored two goals to lead the Southeast Missouri State women's soccer team to a 2-1 victory against Air Force in the Toys for Tots/Military Academies Classic at the Anheuser-Busch Center in Fenton, Mo.
Southeast fell behind 1-0 seven minutes into the game when Air Force's Amanda Cleland scored off scramble in the goalmouth following a corner kick.
On a similar play, Newsham scored for Southeast (4-2) about five minutes later on a scramble in front of Air Force's goal off a corner kick. Laura Haskins and Alaina Lacopo were credited with assists.
Newsham scored her second goal in the 70th minute, kicking in a rebound off Lisa Schweppe's initial shot.
Amanda Wrzos made four saves against Air Force, which fell to 3-4.