- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Independence police issue Ambert Alert for 4 children
INDEPENDENCE, Mo. (AP) -- Independence police are searching for a woman who failed to return her four children from an unsupervised weekend visit.
Police say 39-year-old Shirley A. Riggs picked up her children on Friday night for a visit granted by the state Division of Family Services. The Independence woman was supposed to return the children Saturday.
Police say Riggs had a custody hearing regarding the children scheduled for Monday and feared losing her custodial rights. A warrant was issued for her arrest Saturday, with bond set at $500,000.
Independence police issued an Amber Alert for the children: 14-year-old Spencer D. Riggs, 12-year-old Raven Riggs, 10-year-old Kelley L. Riggs and 7-year-old Rhiannon G. Riggs.