- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
United Way kicks off Small Business Blitz
United Way officially kicked off its 2008 Small Business Blitz with a recent luncheon at Buckner Brewing Co., 132 N. Main St. in Cape Girardeau. Twenty-seven sales and customer service professionals from area businesses attended. Last year's blitz resulted in donations of $8,694, nearly a $3,000 increase over the previous year's drive. The organization's campaign goal is $1,275,000. This year's teams include Capaha Bank, The Bank of Missouri, Wood & Huston Bank, Ameren, Southeast Missourian, KFVS12, The Rite Group, Wells Fargo and 1st Community Bank. The teams will reconvene Oct. 8.
Ribbon cutting ceremony scheduled for Thursday
A ribbon cutting ceremony is scheduled at 9 a.m. Thursday in the JIDC Industrial Park on Route PP, site of the new ARI facility. Construction has been completed on improvements to Route PP, a new entrance into the JIDC Industrial Park and new access roads within the park. The new construction also included an extension of Industrial Drive, the main entrance street to the Jackson Soccer Park.
-- From staff reports