- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
James W. Todd, 92, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, Sept. 20, 2008, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
He was born July 3, 1916, in Grand Tower, Ill., son of James H. and Mary South Todd. He and Glenda E. (Riehn) Todd were married Nov. 5, 1954, in Cape Girardeau. She died Nov. 11, 2002.
He worked for J.C. Penney as a custodian and in the stock department for more than 25 years but started out his career as a riverboat pathfinder.
Survivors include a daughter, Doris J. Conley, and a son, Dennis J. Todd, both of Jackson; three grandsons; and seven great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his wife and two sisters.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. David Conley officiating. Entombment will be at Cape County Memorial Park and Mausoleum in Cape Girardeau.