- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Eva Mabel Huber, 84, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, Sept. 20, 2008, at Monticello House in Jackson.
She was born May 4, 1924, in Cape Girardeau, the daughter of Gus and Mabel Foeste Nabe. She and Roy Ralph Huber were married Sept. 27, 1941, in Benton, Mo. He preceded her on Nov. 27, 1999.
She was a member of Trinity Lutheran Church in Cape. She worked at Davis Electric more than 30 years and also worked at Florsheim Shoe Co., Lowenbaum Dress Factory and the Holiday Inn. She loved to travel.
Huber is survived by her daughter, Doris (Ivan) Heise of Cape Girardeau; three grandchildren, Debra (Michael) Frank, Roy (Deana) Lane Heise and Lisa (Bobby) Schwartz, all of Cape Girardeau; six great-grandchildren, Tim and Shelly Frank, Chris and Michael Heise, Alisha and Ashley Schwartz; and four great-great grandchildren, all of Cape Girardeau.
She was preceded in death by her parents, husband and two brothers.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home and again from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday.
Funeral service will be at 1 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Rodger Rice officiating. Burial will be at Trinity Lutheran Church Cemetery in Egypt Mills, Mo.
Memorials may be made to Trinity Lutheran School Building Fund or the Alzheimers Association.