- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Young wins club championship
Robyn Young captured the club championship at the Cape Girardeau Country Club's Women's Golf Association's outing.
Kathy Morris took first in the championship flight.
In A flight, Vicki McKinney was first, followed by Deb Mealy and Beth Mapes.
In B flight, Betty Michel and Mary Ann Vogelsang tied for first.
In C flight, Mary Sue Layton was first, followed by Shirley Moore.
Mary Ellen Bean was the champion in the golden girls championship. Catherine Weed was first, followed by Janet White, Priscilla Kirby and Pat Strom.
Long captures medalist honors
Vickie Long was the medalist at the Kimbeland Ladies golf outing at Kimbeland Country Club.
Karen Heisel won the championship flight, Dixie Jones won A flight and Dorothy Holland took first in B flight.
Rohrdanz team wins championship flight
The team of Dan Rohrdanz, Tyler Thrower, Jeff Williams and Gary Baught shot a 57 to win the championship flight of the Autumn Open four-person scramble at the Cape Jaycee Municipal Golf Course.
The team of Josh Reeves, Zac Cypret, Jim Shrum and Matt Wilson was second with a 60, and the team of Gene Golden, Joe Golden, Bill Isbell and Mike Cotner shot a 61.
In A flight, the team of Gary Turner, Daniel Turner and Jessica Turner shot a 66 for first place
In B flight, the winner was decided by a scorecard playoff after three teams shot 70s. The team of Nathan Green, Jason Sperling, John Owen and Eric Henry was awarded first.
-- From staff reports