- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)36
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Marie Regina Welker, 67, of Chesterfield, Mo., died Sunday, Sept. 14, 2008, at St. Anthony's Hospital.
She was born Jan. 27, 1941, daughter of Ludwig and Gertrude Welker.
Welker worked in the medical field many years. She was a longtime member of Incarnate Word Church.
Survivors include two brothers, Harold Welker of Perryville, Mo., Raymond Welker of Eureka, Mo.; four sisters, Clarita Pingel of Manchester, Mo., Laverne Henneke of Perryville, Barbara Modde of St. Charles, Mo., and Linda Biri of Jackson.
Funeral Mass was Wednesday at Incarnate Word Church in St. Louis. Burial was in Mount Hope Cemetery in Perryville.
Ortmann-Stipanovich Funeral Home in Creve Coeur, Mo., was in charge of arrangements.