- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Red Star hosts Christian open mic night
Red Star Baptist Church will host a Christian open mic service at 6 p.m. today. Everyone is welcome. Call 335-3381 or 334-4915 for more information.
Singspiration raises money for food pantry
The Jackson Ministerial Alliance will host a benefit Singspiration at First General Baptist Church at 1506 S. Farmington Road. The concert will start at 6 p.m. Sunday. An offering will be taken for the Jackson Ministerial Alliance food pantry.
Community Blitz day planned for Sept. 27
The First Baptist Church in Cape Girardeau has planned two Community Projects for Sept. 27. Volunteers will help build a wheelchair ramp and do creative acts of kindness at Auburn Creek Nursing Home. Call 335-6006 for more information or to volunteer.
First Presbyterian holds dinner and recital
The First Presbyterian Church in Cape Girardeau will hold an Agape Picnic on Sunday at 11:30 a.m. Barbecue pork steaks, baked chicken, drinks and dessert will be served. Bring a vegetable or salad. A recital by Paige Kiefner and Tyson Wunderlich will follow at 3 p.m. in the sanctuary at the church.
Little Whitewater Baptist Church holds revival
Little Whitewater Baptist Church in Patton, Mo., invites the public to Homecoming and Revival services. Brother Cy Smith of Cape Girardeau will be the guest speaker. A potluck dinner will be at noon Sunday. Services are 11 a.m. Sunday and 7 p.m. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
Apple Creek church holds annual Vesper Service
The Apple Creek Presbyterian Memorial Association presents its annual Vesper Service at Apple Creek Church with a basket dinner following. The Rev. Grant Gillard from First Presbyterian Church in Jackson will be the speaker. Music will be presented by singer Alisha Curtis and Carolyn Thompson on the old pump organ. Services start at 3 p.m. Sunday.
— From staff reports