- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Daylily planting at I-55 exit delayed one week
The daylily planting that was originally scheduled for Saturday at the East Main Street/LaSalle Avenue interchange exit on Interstate 55 has been postponed until 9 a.m. Sept. 27, according to a Missouri Department of Transportation news release.
Nearly 30 volunteers were to assist local horticulturalist Dave Niswonger transfer 3,000 bulbs of a daylily variety he created at the exit. However, the volunteers asked for more time to prepare the ground for planting, according to the news release.